Title: Manager of Product Operations
Location: Remote (West Coast Preferred)
About Inquiry By Design
Inquiry By Design is a small, but fast-growing company offering a unique, integrated reading and writing curriculum for grades 3-12. Our inquiry-based, research-driven approach is built on the core belief that all students deserve, and even crave, authentic, meaningful work with engaging and complex texts. Our curriculum is coupled with transformative, dignifying professional development that reignites passion, builds capacity, and creates a text-based learning community at the classroom, school, and district level. Inquiry By Design is in the process of expanding from a regional to national presence, which demands scalable strategies across our departments—while still remaining true to the foundation our company was built on. If you thrive in environments where you work across departments and are continuously diving in to collaborate on projects, this role is for you!
We are looking for someone who is a teacher at heart, who wants to use their passion for literacy, education, and equity to grow a literacy curriculum company like no other. Your skills and experience will support your work across departments from facilitating outstanding professional development, to helping identify and better understand opportunities in the education market, to collaborating on marketing and social media campaigns with an educator audience in mind.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Curriculum, Pedagogy, and Professional Development (30%)
- Provide ELA teachers professional development, in-person and virtually, to support district implementation of Inquiry By Design curriculum.
- Curate professional development materials for use by IBD facilitators.
- Co-develop and manage a process for systematically collecting IBD student work and teacher feedback in connection with our curriculum.
Marketing and Sales (40%)
- Manage the day-to-day execution of our digital marketing strategy across the company with the support of the Director of Digital Media and Marketing.
- Co-create social media ads, key messages, press releases, memos, and more that are inspiring and affirming to diverse audiences.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research and make recommendations on core sales/marketing initiatives.
- Provide customer care for current district partners through their curriculum implementation process.
- Co-facilitate publisher presentations to prospective clients.
Operations and Production (30%)
- Work with CEO and company leadership to help teams work together more effectively through better processes and documentation (e.g., working cross-functionally to develop a more robust template for project plans, including project management).
- Provide operational support for the CEO’s initiatives, working in partnership to help bring big vision ideas to fruition through research, planning, and execution.
- Support IBD with general administrative tasks like curriculum quotes, proposal writing, invoice and purchase order documentation and tracking, technical curriculum revision, etc.
Inquiry By Design understands that job requirements sometimes exclude historically marginalized groups such as BIPOC individuals or those who identify as LGBTQ+ from applying to jobs for which they are qualified. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the specific requirements listed below, or if you achieved these requirements through unconventional channels, we encourage you to apply.
- You are a K-12 literacy fanatic, with 3+ years as a classroom teacher.
- You are a strong writer, both in English, and ideally, Spanish as well.
- You have a fierce work ethic and sense of purpose, with the ability to work well as part of a dynamic, small and mighty team.
- You have experience facilitating adult learning experiences that led to the development of satisfied and successful literacy practitioners.
- You have a firm understanding of the pedagogy of inquiry-based teaching and learning.
- You are able to work effectively across departments. You thrive in environments where you support multiple projects at the same time.
- You look forward to identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in data.
- You value receiving and providing team feedback for both your own projects and your colleague’s projects in a timely manner.
- You take pride in your ability to manage details and remain on track and organized.
- You have a critical consciousness of issues of equity, structural racism, and personal privilege.
- You have an ability to learn and work in and across multiple platforms and applications.
- You have the capacity to travel up to 20 days per year.
Inquiry By Design is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by creating teams rich in diverse thought and experience, our people, company, and customers are free to thrive. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification or characteristic under applicable local laws. In addition, Inquiry By Design values privacy and the protection of personal information.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range: $60,000 – $80,000 (commensurate with experience and qualifications)
- Health benefits (medical, vision, dental)
- Company-matched retirement plan (4% of salary)
- Flexible spending accounts
- Unlimited PTO policy
Ideal Start Date
March 1, 2022
Please submit materials as attachments and save in filename format “LastName_FirstName_Resume.pdf”. For questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.